The Samsung Galaxy S2 Review
written by: Fay Smart
The market is full of newly released smartphones, which are offered at very high prices. But why go for an expensive phone when you can get one with all the features you need at an affordable price? If you enjoy reading eBooks, browsing the web, watching high-quality movies and more in clarity, then you can save a good percentage of your cash by placing your order on Samsung Galaxy S2.
1. Slim Design
Galaxy S2 is just 8.49mm thick which makes it fit perfectly in your hand or pockets. The slim design also enables you to note down details quickly even if you are busy. For example, if you are in the middle of a call, you can just click the S Pen, and double tap the screen and then the Popup Note feature will let you sketch a map, take down phone numbers, directions or other information.
2. 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus Display
The 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus Display offers 3D graphic performance. You’ll be able to see everything clearly and vividly regardless of wherever you are. The premium viewing experience is provided with excellent battery consumption, superior color, and enhanced readability. Vivid color reproduction is also enhanced by the contrast ratio which is very high, enabling you to see the separations of light and dark. Moreover, the display also has an ultra fast response time.
3. Powerful Performance
The 1.2 GHz Dual Core Application Processor used in Galaxy S2 provides ultra responsive answer to its performance. You’ll enjoy high-speed multitasking, quick reaction speeds, quick webpage loading, smoother UI, high performance gaming and lightning fast image editing. Furthermore, with its fast encoding/decoding ability that supports video shooting and video playing, the processor delivers excellent computing power and performance.
4. 8MP Rear and 2MP Front Cameras
The rear camera comes with great features. Autofocus ensures that you don’t miss any detail whether you are shooting action or idleness. It captures detailed, beautiful photos even in challenging lighting conditions, with the help of built-in LED flash. The 2MP is perfect for taking selfies. Fast scene switching is also made possible by the improved user interface of Android Gingerbread.
5. Full HD Recording and Playback
The video shooting capabilities of this smartphone can bring out the celebrity in you. Its 1080p Full HD recording allows you to capture moments in dual core speed and in high resolution, then you can playback the HD footage clearly on the 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus display.
6. Say N Go with Samsung Voice Recognition
You can control Galaxy S2 with a few selected words by double tapping the home key. Execute major functions such as making calls, messaging, managing music, scheduling and launching your apps with a voice command. Capture your thoughts with Galaxy S2 or make a note and send it to others by just saying “send.”
7. Live Panel
This feature allows you to drop apps and get direct access to your contents through Samsung’s personalized UX, a magazine styled layout that only selects the contents that you like using most, such as your gallery, video, music, emails, games, notes, weather and SNS, then displays them on Galaxy S2 screen. This feature can also be customized to provide easy access to various contents.
8. Readers Hub
Readers Hub lets you browse through over two million books and flip through your library of classics and best sellers. You’ll also be able to access more than 2000 newspapers in 47 languages and over 2,500 magazines in 20 languages. Galaxy S2 displays crisp, clear texts that makes reading a pleasure.
9. Game Hub
Download high-quality games with Game Hub. The feature provides you with over 20 premium and social network games. You’ll also have an opportunity to search for games and new release information. With Galaxy 2”s accelerometer and gyroscope sensors, dynamic arm and hand movement games are very entertaining.
Link Samsung Galaxy S2 wirelessly with TV, laptop or audio systems and play media files directly from your smartphone. AllShare successfully synchronizes your phone with a compatible DLNA based product, letting you stream content to big screens with ease and in HD.
• Colors: Black, White and Pink
• Dimensions: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.49mm or 4.93 x 2.60 x 0.33inches
• Weight: 116 g or 4.09 oz
• SIM: Mini-SIM
• Type: Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen,
• Color Depth: 16M colors
• Screen Size: 4.27 inches
• Multitouch: Yes
• Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels- 217 PPI pixel density
• Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass, TouchWiz UI v4.0
• Primary: 8 MP, F/2.6, LED flash, autofocus, digital zoom
• Secondary: 2 MP
• Internal: 16GB /32 GB, 1 GB RAM
• Card Slot: Micro-SD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot)
• Technology: GSM / HSPA
• WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
• Bluetooth: V3.0, A2DP, aptX
• NFC: Optional
• GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
• USB: Micro-USB V2.0 (MHL TV-out), USB Host
• Radio: Stereo FM radio, RDS
• OS: Android OS, V2.3.4 (Gingerbread), V4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to V4.1 (Jelly Bean)
• Chipset: Exynos 4210 Dual
• GPU: Mali-400MP4
• CPU: Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
• Alert types: Vibration, and MP3, WAV ringtones
• Loudspeaker: Yes
• 3.5mm Jack: Yes, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
• Type: Removable Li-Ion 1650 mAh battery
• Talk Time: Up to 18 hours 20 minutes on (2G) or up to 8 hours 40 minutes on (3G)
• Stand-by Time: Up to 710 hours on (2G) or up to 610 hours on (3G)
Experiencing difficulties with your Samsung Galaxy Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.
Other Android Technical Reviews:- Android