The iPhone 4 Review
written by: Fay Smart
iPhone 4 is a powerful smartphone with a style of its own, a built quality that puts others to shame and an operating system that’s easy to use. The smartphone comes with class leading features that you can’t fully explore unless you own one. In this review, we focus on all the reasons why iPhone 4 is still a great smartphone despite the fact that it was released in 2010.
1. Excellent Design
The front part features a single piece of glass, symmetrical black bezel, and a single button while the back is designed with a completely flat sheet of aluminosilicate-toughened glass. It’s flat stainless sides make it easy to get a grip when you hold it in your hands. iPhone 4 is also lightweight, weighing only 137grams, and a bit slim (9.3mm thick), meaning that it feels comfortable in the pockets.
2. Super Sharp Display
Apple used OLED display technology to design the Retina Display. It features a high-resolution screen (960 x 640 pixels), and Apple says that its pixel density is also high to an extent that the human eye can’t distinguish the individual pixels. Images are stunningly sharp, texts look amazingly crisp, and colors are natural. The contrast ratio is perfect and gives images an excellent sense of depth and punch, and the viewing angles are also great. Moreover, the screen is much easier to see in bright sunshine thanks to the transflective nature of LCD panels.
3. Top Notch 5MP Rear Camera
iPhone 4’s 5MP camera allows you to shoot your own films in HD. It loads quickly and is impressively easy to use. The advanced backside illumination sensor and the built-in LED light enable you to capture high-quality photos and videos even in very low-light settings. Apple’s App Store also features various photo-editing apps such as the iMovie app that are designed for sophisticated video editing.
The smartphone supports video calling. It’s extremely easy to use and lets you share a smile across the globe, wave hello to your lovely kids, and watch your friend’s real-time reaction to your stories. You’ll always stay in touch with much more fun. The secondary camera also makes it easy to take selfies.
5. Call Quality
Apple designed additional microphone on the top edge, giving iPhone 4 noise cancellation. The microphone improves the smartphone’s ability to suppress background noise and brings clarity to your voice when making calls. You’ll never be worried about the noise of passing cars or other background dins.
• Unified email feature allows you to view your emails from multiple accounts with just a single mailbox.
• You can group apps in folders and be more organized by cutting down the number of pages of apps.
• With the help of iPhone 4 superb screen, you’ll be able to access and read books with ease, thanks to iBook app.
• iPhone 4 supports multitasking. You’ll be able to run third-party apps and switch between them instantly. The performance of the foreground apps, as well as battery usage, will never be affected.
• Announced: June 2010
• Released: June 2010
• Status: Available
• Colors: Black, White
• Dimensions: 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm or 4.54 x 2.31 x 0.37 inches
• Weight: 137g or 4.83oz
• SIM: Micro-SIM
• Scratch-resistant glass back panel
• Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen
• Color Depth: 16M colors
• Size: 3.5 inches
• Multitouch: Yes
• Resolution: 640 x 960 pixels- 330 PPI pixel density
• Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass with oleophobic coating
• Rear Camera: 5 MP, F/2.8, LED flash, autofocus
• Front Camera: VGA, [email protected], video calling over Wi-Fi only
• Internal: 8GB/16GB /32 GB, 512 MB RAM
• Card slot: No
• Technology: GSM / HSPA
• 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
• 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
• Speed: HSPA 7.2/5.76 Mbps
• EDGE: Class 10
• GPRS: Class 10
• Bluetooth v2.1, A2DP
• WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
• GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
• USB: V2.0
• Radio: No
• OS: iOS 4 that’s upgradable to iOS 7.1.1
• Chipset: Apple A4
• GPU: PowerVR SGX535
• CPU: 1.0 GHz Cortex-A8
• Alert types: Vibration and proprietary ringtones
• Loudspeaker: Yes
• 3.5mm jack: Yes, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
• Type: Non-removable Li-Po 1420 mAh battery
• Talk time: Up to 14 hours on (2G) / Up to 7 hours on (3G)
• Stand-by: Up to 300 hours on (2G) / Up to 300 hours on (3G)
• Music play: Up to 40 hours
Having issues with your iOS device? See iOS Problems and their fixes Here:- iPhone iOS Fixes
Check out Technical Apple device reviews here:- Apple Devices