The Samsung Galaxy S4 Review
written by: Fay Smart
Are you looking for a smartphone with high-end features at an affordable price? Then Samsung Galaxy S4 is all you need. This amazing device was released in 2013 and even after a couple of years, it’s still a great model. There are four color options to choose from, including White Frost, Black Mist, Arctic Blue and Black Edition. Samsung focused on software features while designing Galaxy S5 and they were very successful since Galaxy S4 is still a favorite model to many.
What Does Samsung Galaxy S4 Has to Offer?
1. Stunning HD Display: The large 5-inch screen has 441PPI that offers HD viewing quality. Galaxy S4 also adjusts your view with optimized display settings. This features seven automatic modes and four manual modes. You’ll see your games, videos, email, books and more displayed with great color quality.
2. Samsung Watch On: Galaxy S4 can be connected to your home entertainment (TV). WatchON enables it to suggest the programs based on your preferences, provide you with program schedules and surf channels on your behalf. You’ll even be able to control your TV or set-top boxes remotely.
3. Air Gesture: This feature lets you control Galaxy S4 without even touching it. You’ll just pass your hands over the screen or wave your hands across the screen and move quickly through photos and other contents. Other supported features include Air Browse, Air Call Accept, Air Jump, Air Glance and Air Move.
4. Samsung Smart Pause: Galaxy S4 acts as if it knows what you are doing. It moves along with you by automatically scrolling your emails or websites when you tilt it from one side to another. If you look away, it pauses whatever you were watching, and when you look back at the screen again, Samsung Smart Pause resumes just at the exact place you left off
5. Group Play: Share Entertainment: Galaxy S4 comes with an innovative “Samsung wireless sharing” feature that allows you and your friends to connect handsets and create a powerful sound system with enhanced sound quality. You’ll also be able to share photos, documents, and play games together.
6. Sound and Shot: You will not only remember your looks when you took a photo, but you’ll also be able to recall what was said, played and heard at that moment, thanks to “Sound & Shot.” This feature records soundtrack audio with your pictures, adding a layer of excitement that can help you relive and vividly share your favorite moments.
7. Dual Shot: Galaxy S4 captures your moments with both the front and rear cameras and then automatically merges them, enabling you to see both sides of the story. (Two cameras, one great photo).
8. Samsung Drama Shots: Capture all actions in one shot with Samsung Drama Shots which enables you to take multiple series of photos of moving objects and then put them together. The actions are merged into one dramatic photo.
9. Samsung Story Album: You can organize photos and create albums that are customized based on specific events with Samsung Story Album. The easy to use photo album software allows you to apply themes, choose layouts and print photos to hold all your favorite memories in your hands.
10. S Translator: No more language barriers as S Translator lets you type or say what you would like to be translated into your Galaxy S4 and then it will show or read the translation. It supports English, French, German, Spanish, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Italian and Korean.
11. Samsung Adapt Sound: This feature enables you to hear everything with the perfect balance and the right volume that’s customized for you. It dials music up/down and balances the right and left audio based on your preferences, hearing and sound source.
12. S Health: Stay fit and active with S Health, which tracks your workout, weight levels, and daily intake.
13. Galaxy S4 also features the protective Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which makes it a durable travel companion wherever you go.
14. It fits comfortably in pockets and can be used with one hand without any trouble.
15. The storage memory is expandable up to 64GB.
• Dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm or 5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31inches
• Weight: 130g or 4.59oz
• SIM: Micro-SIM
• Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
• Size: 5.0inches
• Multitouch: Yes
• Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels-441PPI pixel density
• Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3, ToiuchWiz UI
• Main Camera: 13MP, F/2.2, 31mm, LED Flash, autofocus,
• Secondary Camera: 2MP, F/2.4, 31mm, 1080p@30fps, dual video call
• Internal: 16GB/ 32GB/ 64GB, 2GB RAM
• Card Slot: Micro-SD, up to 64GB (dedicated slot)
• Technology: GSM/ HSPA
• WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct,Hotspot
• Bluetooth: V4.0, A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX
• NFC: Yes
• GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
• Infrared Port: Yes
• USB: Micro-USB V2.0 (MHL 2 TV-out), USB Host
• Radio: No
• OS: Android OS, V4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) that is upgradable up to V5.0.1 (Lollipop)
• Chipset: Exynos 5410 Octa
• GPU: PowerVR SGX544MP3
• CPU: Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 AND Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
• Alert Types: Vibration and MP3, WAV ringtones
• Loudspeaker: Yes
• 3.5mm Jack: Yes, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
• Type: Removable 2600mAh battery.
• Talk Time: Up to 17 hours on 3G network
• Internet Usage: Up to 8 hours on 3G network, 8 hours on LTE and up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
• Standby Time: Up to 370 hours on 3G network and 320 hours on LTE
• Music Play: Up to 62 hours
• Video Play: Up to 11 hours
Experiencing difficulties with your Samsung Galaxy Device, check out our “How To” page on how to resolve some of these issues.
Other Android Technical Reviews:- Android