QUICK FIXES FOR COMMON IOS 9 PROBLEMS
written by: Olayinka Lawal
The new IOS 9 upgrade has a lot of amazing features that in a way improves the overall IOS experience. However, the upgrade has its own flaws that can best be described as “annoying”. Below are ways to tackle some of the simple problems you might experience when you carry out the upgrade to IOS 9:
BLUETOOTH ISSUE ON IOS 9
If you experience any difficulty that you can not explain while trying to connect with your Bluetooth, try out the following steps to solve the problem;
1. Ensure that your IOS device and the bluetooth device are closely placed together.
2. Confirm that your iphone or ipad bluetooth is turned on, you will notice the green colour on the bluetooth option if it is on. You can do this by navigating to Settings > then tap Bluetooth.
3. Find the bluetooth device on your iphone or ipad and then tap forget this device. Next step is to toggle on and off the bluetooth option and carry out the setting/connection all over again.
4. Ensure that the bluetooth device is either turned on or fully charged. Restart again once you have confirmed this.
5. If all the above steps do not solve the issue, next thing is to Reset network settings by
Navigating to the Settings on your Iphone
Tap on General, and then Reset
Next is top locate Reset Network Settings. Wait for it is completion.
BATTERY ISSUE ON IOS 9
If you are noticing some severe drain in the battery life of your IOS device, you can try the following fixes to solve the problem;
1. Carry out a simple Hard Reboot. You can do this be by pressing the home button and power button together for some seconds till you see the apple logo appear on the screen then you let go. This has helped a lot of people solve this issue.
2. Next thing to do is to switch to using the IOS low power mode.
3. If you do not use the icloud keychain, then you should go ahead to disable it. Move to Settings, then to icloud > keychain and toggle it off.
4. Your location services could be the issue in some cases. Disable it by going to the Settings app, then to privacy > Location services and then toggle it off.
5. If the problem persist at this stage, it getting a bit complicated and you might need to Reset all settings. Go to General in the Settings app and navigate to Reset and then Reset All settings.
6. If the above does not work, you need to downgrade to the IOS version you were using before, as that might be your last option to solve the battery drain issue.
NO NOTIFICATION SOUND AND MUTE SIRI
When the notification for messages going out or coming fails, you can try the following fixes:
I. First of all, confirm whether volume on the device is turned up. You also need to confirm that the mute feature is not switched on, switch it off if it is on.
II. If the above does not work, navigate to Settings, then select Do not disturb, or move to Notifications and toggle them off and on. reboot your device and toggle them again.
III. You can also try to Reset All Settings to solve the problem.
IV. Notifications can be off because SIRI is muted. Navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility > Voice over > Speech > Default Dialect. choose according to your preferences and your phone to be back to normal. Ensure that mute is turn off.
FACETIME/IMESSAGE ACTIVATION NOT WORKING
Waiting for the activation of Facetime and Imessage can be very tiring, here are few tips on how to fix the problem:
1. Make sure WIFI and Cellular networks are working correctly by toggling the connection off and on.
2. Ensure that the date and time on your Device are set correctly because they are a determining factor in the activation process. Navigate to the Setting app > General > Date and Time > Activate the set automatically.
3. Toggle the Facetime and Imessage option off and on by launching the Settings App, locate and tap the message option to put it off an on, do the same for the Facetime. Restart your Device and turn the message and facetime option back on.
4. Patiently wait for 24 hours for activation.
5. If activation pends after the 24 hour period then you need to upgrade your IOS to the latest version.
Call your service provider to lodge a complain, ensure that you have a working sms plan.
Lastly, contact the Apple help center to help you with the issue.
Having issues with your iOS device? See iOS Problems and their fixes Here:- iPhone iOS Fixes
Check out Technical Apple device reviews here:- Apple Devices