IOS 9 UPGRADE ISSUES AND THEIR QUICK FIXES
written by: Olayinka Lawal
The IOS 9 upgrade was designed to improve the overall user experience on the IOS platform. Unfortunately, the upgrade came with some positive changes but it had some pitfalls which quite a number of IOS users have been complaining about. Below are some of the common problems that have been reported to us and the best way you can easily overcome them on your own:
Common iOS 9 Problems and Solutions
Device Is Stuck On Slide While Upgrading The Screen
Complains about this specific problem has been off the charts recently. A large fraction of people who lodged this complain describe the situation as a sudden freeze at ” Slide to Upgrade”. This starts after an update as been made and the screen won’t just move anymore. With help from Apple Support desk, here is how you can easily overcome the problem:
1. First of all connect your device to your computer and open up itunes.
2. Next step is to select your device. If your device does not appear on the list, you need to force your device to restart by pressing the sleep/wake and home button for some seconds till you see the Apple logo.
3. Note, that if you made a back up of your device on iTunes before upgrading to IOS 9, go ahead and restore your device from that backup. In the case where you didn’t do a backup, you can go ahead and do a backup on iTunes and then restore your device from that new backup.
If you have a backup on icloud, you will need to have a backup of your device on iTunes, then you restore from that backup.
The above fix may not work if you have enabled “Find my phone”. You will have to disable it before the fix above can work. So when you are able to finally backup your device using iTunes, you will need to boot your device into recovery mode in order to restore it. Then you can now restore from that iTunes backup.
Game Center Stopped Working on IOS 9
This might come as a surprise to a few people, but there have been complains about the game centre of the IOS device crashing after an upgrade to IOS 9. Here is a simple fix if you are expereincing the same problem.
1. Navigate to the Settings app, the move to the Game center, type in your Apple ID. Sign in and then sign out again.
2. Next step is to restart your device.
3. Force the restart of your device by pressing the sleep/wake button and the home button together, till you see the Apple logo.
4. Go to Settings > General > Date and time and turn it on to enable Set Automatically.
If the above fix does not solve the problem, then you can try an upgrade to 9.1 IOS. Many people have been able to fix the problem by just carrying out an upgrade. However, you have to be careful, the IOS 9.1 has some bugs that might affect the correct functioning of your device, so back it up before proceeding.
Can’t Turn On Cellular Data For Some Apps
If you are experiencing difficulty whenever you try to turn on data for some apps, here is a route you can follow to deal with the situation:
1. First step is to reset your device. You can do this by pressing the Sleep/wake button and the Home button till the Apple logo appears. Then move to mobile data and try to put on the data for individual apps. If this does not solve the problem, then you can try the next step below.
2. Next step is to remove any Cellular data Restriction;
Navigate to the settings app
Tap on General
Then on restrictions
Then Enter Restriction code
Scroll down to check for Cellular/mobile data use under “Allow Changes” Label.
Select Allow changes next
The above step should solve the problem.
Touch Screen Is Unresponsive On IOS 9
The bugs from your upgrade to IOS 9 can cause many problems on your device. An unresponsive touch screen might be one of these problems. You can take the following steps to address the issue:
1. First you need to check your device screen for stains especially oily stains which can sometimes be the reason that your device isn’t working properly. You can clean the screen with a clean cotton clothe to ensure that there is no stain on it.
2. If the above step does not solve the problem, next is to restart your device like we have describe above. Simple device restart have helped a lot of people to fix bug issues.
3. If the above tips don’t work, then you need to Restart your Device as a new one. You can achieve that by doing the following:
I. Access iCloud from your MAC
II. Enter your Apple ID and Password
III. Click on “Find my iphone”
IV. Next you can click on all Devices
V. Choose the iphone you wish to erase in case you have more than one device under the same Apple ID.
VI. The exact location of your iphone comes up with a pop which will give you the option of “Erase iphone”, click it
VII Confirm the operation and progress
VIII Connect your iphone to the PC or MAC
IX Start iTunes and select your device from the top left corner
X Click on restore iphone
XI Lastly, you click on Restore and update.
That should solve the issue for you permanently.
Having issues with your iOS device? See iOS Problems and their fixes Here:- iPhone iOS Fixes
Check out Technical Apple device reviews here:- Apple Devices